Answered By: Carla Lillvik Last Updated: Aug 14, 2019 Views: 115
The Library uses the Library Reserves Tool in Canvas to manage reserves. The IT Service Center will assist with technical questions about setting up your course reserve tool. Please contact the Gutman Librarian Carol Kentner (email@example.com) with any additional questions about course reserve materials or processes.
*Please Note: Only books from the Gutman Library Collection may be placed on course reserve. If Gutman Library does not own the required title, please place a purchase request.
To request new books to be purchased by Gutman Library:
- Place requests as soon as possible - it can take up to six weeks for new books to arrive.
- Contact the Course Reserves Librarian (firstname.lastname@example.org) to order new titles for reserve that are not currently owned by Gutman Library
To request books previously on reserve at Gutman Library:
- The Library Reserves Tool in Canvas facilitates reuse of course reserves from previous semesters.
- Go to the Library Reserves Tool in Canvas to access your list.
- Review and confirm the previous reserves list titles and then send the list to the library for processing.
To request books not previously on reserve but within the Gutman Library Collection:
- The Library Reserves Tool in Canvas facilitates searches in HOLLIS for other titles currently in the Gutman Library collection.
- When working on a list in the Library Reserves Tool, click on the "plus sign" icon, which will open the search utility that accesses library holdings.
- Use the drop down box for the "search in" field to select "Gutman Education," then enter the title of the desired book.
- From the search results, select the the desired title. Make sure the "add to list" radio button is selected and then click on the "add" button.
- You will then see the added title on your list.
- Send the list to the library for processing
Gutman librarians are available online to answer your questions Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.
Email: Use our Ask Us form
Need more in-depth research help? Make a virtual appointment to work with a research librarian.
To schedule a time, use the Gutman Library Research Appointment tool.